Everyday life information seeking [日常生活資訊尋求]
Key person: Reijo Savolainen (1995)
- “to elaborate the role of social and cultural factors that affect people's way of preferring and using information source in everyday setting”.
- not job-related information seeking
- assumptions: “even through individuals select and use various sources to solve problems or make sense of their everyday world, the source preferences and use patterns are ultimately socially conditioned.”(p.143)
* Way of life [生活方式] based on Pierre Bourdieu's habitus: “socially and culturally determined system of thinking, perception, and evaluation, internalized by the individual.” Way of life: “order of things, which based on the choices that individuals make, ultimately oriented by the factors constituting habitus. Things: “stand for various activities taking place in the daily life world, including not only job but also necessary reproductive tasks such as household care and voluntary activities (hobbies).” Order: “refer to preferences given to these activities.”
- Structure of time budget [時間預算結構]： 說明工作時間與休閒時間的競爭關係
- models of consumption of goods and services [財貨與服務消費模式]
- natural of hobbies [嗜好的本質]
* mastery of life [生活嫻熟] [生活方式]的再生產 與實用的問題解決相關連 ** “Information seeking is an integral component of mastery of life, which aim is to eliminate a continual dissonance between perception of 'how things are at this moment' and 'how they should be'.”
- Optimistic-cognitive mastery of life [認知樂觀的生活嫻熟]: 強烈信賴問題解決所帶來的正面成果。
- Pessimistic-cognitive mastery of life [認知悲觀的生活嫻熟]: 認為也許有無法被解決的問題。
- Defensive-affective mastery of life [情感防衛的生活嫻熟]: 對問題的可解決性表示樂觀，但情感上避免失敗風險。
- Pessimistic-affective mastery of life [情感悲觀的生活嫻熟]: 個人不依賴解決日常生活問題的能力。
- Savolainen, R. (1995). Everyday life information seeking: Approaching information seeking in the context of way of life. Library and Information Science Research, 17(3), 259-294.
- Savolainen, R. (2005). Everyday life information seeking. In K. E. Fisher, S. Erdelez & L. McKechnie (Eds.), Theories of information behavior (pp. 143-148). Medford, NJ: Informatio Today.