The relationship between traditional mass media and social media / Stefanone, Lackaff & Rosen (2010)
Citation - Stefanone, M. A., Lackaff, D., & Rosen, D. (2010). The relationship between traditional mass media and “social media”: reality television as a model for social network site behavior. Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media, 54(3), 508-525.
- online survey
- > Students were recruited from introductory communication classes and granted research credit for their participation, in accordance with Institutional Review Board protocols for student research involvement.
- 452 online surveys were completed by a sample of university students
以社會認知理論，建立 真人實境秀(RTV)觀眾與社會網絡平台使用者的 行為模式。
> Social cognitive theory suggests a likely relationship between behavior modeled on increasingly popular reality television (RTV) and user behavior modeled on social networking sites (SNSs).
調查 青年 觀看真人實境秀的廣度 取決於 在社會網絡平台的使用者行為。
> This study surveyed young adults (N=456) to determine the extent to which RTV consumption explained a range of user behavior in the context of social network sites.
結果顯示，觀看真人實境秀 與 使用者花費在社會網絡平台的時間長度、網絡大小、純網友的比例、相片分享的頻率，有一致性的關係。
> Results show a consistent relationship between RTV consumption and the length of time spent on these sites, the size of users’ networks, the proportion of friends not actually met face to face, and photo sharing frequency while controlling for age and gender.
- H1: RTV consumption is positively related to time spent logged into SNS profiles.
- H2: RTV consumption is positively related to the size of users’ online social networks.
- H3: RTV consumption is positively related to the proportion of users’ online social networks who have never been met face to face (F2F).
- H4: RTV consumption is positively related to sharing photographs via SNSs.