Language as a way of knowledge / Nystrand (1997)
Citation - Nystrand, M.(ed.)(1977). Language as a way of knowledge. Toronto: The Ontario institute for studiees in education.
Knowing by structuring
structure by uttering
- Britton, James. (1970). Language and experience: the power of language to create map or representation of world and self.
- Gursdorf. (). : individuals use language to “call the world into being” the act of naming is a intensely creative one.
- Lewis and Benveniste . (). : the phenomenological aspects of language involved in human injection into the world.
- Emile Benveniste (1966). Subjectivity in Language.
- Applebee. (). : conversion and articulation.
- Nystrand. (). : heuristic and explicative uses of language.
- Wiederspiel. (). Case study of a personal journal : to answer what happens to individuals when they write, and draw from this exercise some pedagogical implications.