OWL 2 Web Ontology Language
keyword: semantic web,
- The OWL 2 Web Ontology Language, informally OWL 2, is an ontology language for the Semantic Web
- It became a W3C Recommendation on Oct 27 2009.
- the main syntactic form of OWL 2 ontologies is based on an RDF serialization, although various alternative syntactic forms are available too.
What is OWL 2
- OWL 2 ontology documents describe information in terms of classes, properties, individuals, and data values the relationships of which can be described by a number of features.
- relationship with OWL
- OWL 2 is compatible with the OWL standard of 2004 (now referred to as “OWL 1”)
- OWL 2 supersedes OWL 1.
- W3C OWL Working Group: OWL 2 Web Ontology Language: Document Overview. W3C Recommendation, October 27 2009. Available at http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-overview/.
- Pascal Hitzler, Markus Krötzsch, Bijan Parsia, Peter F. Patel-Schneider, Sebastian Rudolph (editors): OWL 2 Web Ontology Language: Primer. W3C Recommendation, October 27 2009. Available at http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-primer/